getting ppp error ppp2 userrequest & ppp error ppp2 lcp down for every ≈5 hour

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-05 17:47:51 - last edited 2020-11-05 17:52:47
Model: TL-WR840N  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version: 0.9.1 4.16 v0001.0 build 180614 Rel.40494n

For like every 5 or 6 hour i get this error and some times i get for every 5-9 minutes for 1 hour i've tried everything to fix it but i couldn't 

a picture of my wan informations:

LOGS:

File:
log.txtDownload
Options
1 Reply
Re:getting ppp error ppp2 userrequest & ppp error ppp2 lcp down for every ≈5 hour
2020-11-06 09:51:56

@Mohamad_Oday 

Hello, as per the log you attached, it seems that the PPPoE connection is disconnecting, we would like to confirm some basic info then we can take further steps to fix it:

1. Who is your ISP? Ensure the cable between the WR840N and the modem is good, or try with another cat5e or cat6 cable and confirm.

2. If step 1 still doesn't help, please check the connection by simply connecting your main computer to the ISP modem directly, then dial up on the computer as below, ensure you get a stable connection without any dropouts:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/921/

3. If the ISP modem connection is stable when tested in the step 2, please then connect the ISP modem back to the WR840N, and reconfigure it to connect to the internet. Kindly confirm how would the connection recover after it disconnects, do you need to re-build the WAN connection or just restart the WR840N?

Thanks a lot.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 3026

Replies: 1