My Deco M9 does NOT block the sites I have selected

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-08 13:58:32 - last edited 2023-10-07 01:30:52
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: AC2200

When I choose to block a site using the Deco App, it most definitely does not block it.

I see it appear on the usage and frequent among the highest users, by time, as listed on the usage per device. When I click on it, it gives me the option to unblock it. But it's reporting up to 10 hours a day of accessing the site. Some of them are for apps, like Skype, that aren't even installed on the device that I'm using.

Any idea as to why the blocking function seems to be completely not working? Can it be fixed?

Options
5 Reply
Re:My Deco M9 does NOT block the sites I have selected
2020-11-27 04:36:29

@BDWork I am having the same problem. For example, TikTok shows blocked (and is one of the default included options) but it does not get blocked. I like the M9 otherwise but this may cause a return. :(

BDWork wrote

When I choose to block a site using the Deco App, it most definitely does not block it.

I see it appear on the usage and frequent among the highest users, by time, as listed on the usage per device. When I click on it, it gives me the option to unblock it. But it's reporting up to 10 hours a day of accessing the site. Some of them are for apps, like Skype, that aren't even installed on the device that I'm using.

Any idea as to why the blocking function seems to be completely not working? Can it be fixed?

Options
2020-11-27 07:06:58

@BDWork Any one else have an answer to how this may be fixed?

Options
2021-02-12 14:41:13
I have the same issue with Discord on computers connected to my M9 mesh
Options
2021-04-21 00:02:43

Same issue here with Youtube. 

It works one day does not the other. This is basic functionality that the product promises. There are no advance option to just block ip's in the router page either (http://192.168.68.1/). I am a little frustrated at this point.

Options
2021-04-21 02:52:29

@cruisezero 

Hi, Are all the devices under the same parental control profile not able to block YouTube?

If yes, what are these devices?

If you go to parental control profile>insight>history, can you see ‘YouTube and when you click it,  did you see ‘block’ or ‘unblock’?

And if your device support privacy mode, please change it to privacy mode and check whether YouTube is blocked or not in case it is the DNS caches issue;

Thank you very much

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1004

Replies: 5

Related Articles