RE505x Range extender only connecting to 2.4 ghz and not 5 ghz network of the host router.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

RE505x Range extender only connecting to 2.4 ghz and not 5 ghz network of the host router.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-08 18:17:03 - last edited 2020-11-08 18:23:04

I have a Host Router tp-link Archer AX10 Dual band with WIFI 6, and i have recently bought tp-link RE505X Dual band with WIFI 6 range extender to connect to my host router but i was shocked when the range extender is just not connecting to the 5 ghz band of my host router while its connecting to the 2.4ghz band quite easily. The extender showed the name of the 2.4ghz network of the host router automatically but the network name of the 5ghz is not coming up in the automatic search while my other devices like smart tv and mobile phones connect to the 5ghz network from the host router quite easily.

I updated the firmware of both host router and the extender but still no luck.

I went with the same brand thinking that it would be far easier to connect the devices to each other as both are latest WIFI 6 devices and both are from same brand, but i am very disappointed, kindly help me fix the issue.

Options
1 Reply
Re:RE505x Range extender only connecting to 2.4 ghz and not 5 ghz network of the host router.
2020-11-10 02:51:08

@gurmeetgill 

Good day,

Thanks for your time and patience.

For your case, please refer to the following suggestions:

1. change the wireless channel on the 5ghz to be channel 36/48; 
  2. make sure the hide SSID is not enabled;

by the way, may I know where are you located?

And could you please check if AX10 and RE505x are on the following firmware:

Archer AX10(EU)_V1_200827

RE505X(EU)_V1_200730

Thanks a lot.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 2831

Replies: 1

Related Articles