IPTV/VOIP locks up

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

IPTV/VOIP locks up

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
IPTV/VOIP locks up
IPTV/VOIP locks up
2020-11-09 02:43:20
Model: Archer A20  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 Build 20200326 rel.63489(5553)

Since my new AX20 was installed, my IPTV service occasionally freezes. Sometimes it unjams within seconds but most often, i need to change channels and come back.

I have QoS turned on and the issue happens whether by LAN (via tp-link powerline adapters) or by wifi. I marked my IPTV box as high priority. There does not seem to be any freezing when streaming to my Roku stick.

This also affects my VOIP phone where my device ceases to be registered and I need to unplug/replug from the router to reconnect it.

This did not happen using my original linksys router.

Options
3 Reply
Re:IPTV/VOIP locks up
2020-11-09 05:52:58

@Stoker 

Hello, thanks for reporting the issue to the community. Can I confirm some details then we will try to figure it out?

1. Please draw us the detailed network layout in your house, how is the IPTV and VoIP phone connected to the network. Ensure the IGMP Proxy and IGMP Snooping are both enabled on the AX20, try both V2 and V3 on IPTV/VLAN configuration page.

2. How about other internet services on the AX20, are you still able to get online? How about the internet LED on the AX20, is it always solid green? BTW, who is your ISP? Have you ever tried with another router with the same IPTV and VoIP services, were they working fine before?

3. How about the network bandwidth provided by your ISP? Try to disable the QoS on the AX20, reboot the router and IPTV, then confirm again.

Good day.

Options
2020-11-16 14:41:20

@Kevin_Z

1) That's the layout in my home.  IGMP snooping and Proxy are enabled.  IGMP V1 and V2 still yielded the same error.

2) How about other internet services on the AX20, are you still able to get online? - Yes

How about the internet LED on the AX20, is it always solid green? - Yes

BTW, who is your ISP? - VMedia (runs on Videotron cable)

Have you ever tried with another router with the same IPTV and VoIP services, - Yes.  My original router is a Linksys EA6400.  Never had any issues.

Were they working fine before? - Yes

3) How about the network bandwidth provided by your ISP? - 60 Mbps download / 10 Mbps upload

Try to disable the QoS on the AX20, reboot the router and IPTV, then confirm again.  - No change, still cuts out

Options
2020-11-18 11:14:26

@Stoker 

Hello, thanks for getting back with detailed info, we would like to escalate your case to our engineers, and they will help follow it up, if you are willing to do further analysis, please check your inbox and respond.    

Good day.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 504

Replies: 3

Related Articles