Failed to connect Archer C6 as a signal Extender / Access point to my ADSL TPLink Router / Modem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Failed to connect Archer C6 as a signal Extender / Access point to my ADSL TPLink Router / Modem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-09 11:20:30 - last edited 2020-11-10 01:44:56
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I live in an area NOT served by Fiber Optic and therefore connect via Telephone lines (ADSL).

I am currently using TP-LINK TD-W8961N 300Mbps ADSL modem/router for my internet connection. However the signal does not reach far corner of my home so I got Archer C6 router to use it as an signal extender / access point.

Now the problem is that I am struck in terms of trying to connect my Archer C6 as an additional access point. I was told that it is possible to connect C6 (as an extender/ access point) to my primary TP-link ADSL modem/router using WDS bridge.

I have broken my head but still could not figure it out.

Appreciate if someone can please show me the way.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Failed to connect Archer C6 as a signal Extender / Access point to my ADSL TPLink Router / Modem-Solution
2020-11-10 01:44:52 - last edited 2020-11-10 01:44:56

@DDude 

Hello, 

This Archer C6 is mainly designed to work as a wireless router, thus signal extender is not the main feature of it. While if you have already purchased it, we can try to configure it as a signal extender as below:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1555/

Note: please modify the wireless channel on the TD-W8961N to 1/6/11, change its wireless security type to WPA2-PSK/AES, then reboot the TD-W8961N.

If this doesn't work, it is suggested to get a range extender instead of the wireless router.

Good day.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Failed to connect Archer C6 as a signal Extender / Access point to my ADSL TPLink Router / Modem-Solution
2020-11-10 01:44:52 - last edited 2020-11-10 01:44:56

@DDude 

Hello, 

This Archer C6 is mainly designed to work as a wireless router, thus signal extender is not the main feature of it. While if you have already purchased it, we can try to configure it as a signal extender as below:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1555/

Note: please modify the wireless channel on the TD-W8961N to 1/6/11, change its wireless security type to WPA2-PSK/AES, then reboot the TD-W8961N.

If this doesn't work, it is suggested to get a range extender instead of the wireless router.

Good day.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Failed to connect Archer C6 as a signal Extender / Access point to my ADSL TPLink Router / Modem
2020-11-14 07:12:01

@Kevin_Z 

Thanks Kevin., I will try and update you.

Options
Re:Failed to connect Archer C6 as a signal Extender / Access point to my ADSL TPLink Router / Modem
2020-11-16 00:57:26

@DDude 

Yes, please give it a try and let us know the results, I hope it works. Good day.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 774

Replies: 3