5GHz on one Deco only?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

5GHz on one Deco only?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
5GHz on one Deco only?
5GHz on one Deco only?
2020-11-10 14:13:07
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have four deco M5's working on my network. One of these is in an outdoor building (hard wired) back to the main house. I use that outdoor room for music and im using a wireless guitar system which operates on the 2.4GHz frequency, so ideally i would like to modify that Deco to transmit on the 5GHz only as im getting interference. Is there a way of doing this? i.e. one Deco on 5GHz while the other three on both frequencies?

Options
1 Reply
Re:5GHz on one Deco only?
2020-11-12 07:12:49

@mdfire 

Hi, thanks for asking. While this is not supported on the Deco system, if we disable the 2.4GHz or 5GHz, it will apply to all Deco nodes, we cannot choose it only for the specific unit.

Just out of curiosity, does this guitar system prefer to connect to the 2.4GHz for some reason? If that is the case, you may try to enable only the 5GHz guest network for the guitar system.

Good day.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 778

Replies: 1

Related Articles