Unable to access tp-link Web interface or tether

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-10 21:08:57 - last edited 2020-11-11 04:03:38

Hi all. 

Non Internet-wise person here so please be gentle.. 

I purchased an Archer 2800 router/modem to replace a bt home hub 5 around 6 months ago which has worked without fault.... Until now.... :(

I have around 30 devices in total on my  home network, most of which is due to a harmony hub which then controls a whole range of audio/visual items. 

I also use tp-link smart plugs so I can turn all my home AV gear off in one go via a voice command to Alexa.

I had an issue with my tp-link smart plugs losing their connection due to them not having a "static" address so I thought I would do something about it and I wish I never did because, since I used the "binding" function last night, my 2800 has decided to stop working. 

Last night, I went into the advanced settings of my router and clicked on "select all" in the binding menu to give all my devices a static address to prevent the drop outs I have been getting. I went to bed not long after with everything seeming to be working ok. 

Today, I got up to absolutely no Internet whatsoever. 

I cannot access 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 and the Tether app is non responsive saying that the 2800 is not in the "cloud". 

The "internet" and "connected" symbol on the front of the 2800 is blacked out with the "Internet" symbol flickering occasionally but never going solid. 

I have tried resetting the 2800 a few times with no luck and I'm at a loss as to what to try next? 

I use a 10 metre run of RJ11 from the ADSL line to the router and have ordered another to rule out a cable fault. 

Any ideas?? 

Thanks.... 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Unable to access tp-link Web interface or tether
2020-11-13 08:40:44
Just an update. It turns out that it's my phone line that's the issue. A BT engineer is coming today to repair the line fault. :)
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 387

Replies: 1