Fix

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Fix

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Fix
Fix
2020-11-12 00:47:05
Model: TL-WR940N  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version:

I am currently using a WR-940N router.  I am having wifi problem.  when I stood next to it, it was fine but when I got out the door about 4m the weak wave completely pinged 100ms.  So what is the cause and how to fix it?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Fix
2020-12-10 09:30:01

@Paulnguyen 

Hi, apologies for the delayed response.

Can I have more details about the issue then we can try to figure it out?
1. Can you confirm if the wired connection of this WR940N is good or not?

2. May I know how many devices are connected to the wireless network? Are all of them experiencing the same high ping? Can I have some screenshots about this huge package loss?
3. Modify the wireless settings, such as wireless channel and channel width, it is suggested to run a Wi-Fi analyzer to find a clear channel, then change the channel width to 20MHz, reboot the router and reconnect to the wireless network, then confirm.

4. Feel the router, if the router is hot or lots of heat coming out, put the router in a well-ventilated location or mount it vertically on a stand that permits the free flow of air, or use a fan to cool the router, a regular fan or USB fan is fine.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 112

Replies: 1

Related Articles