Deco M4 + P7 or P9

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M4 + P7 or P9

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco M4 + P7 or P9
Deco M4 + P7 or P9
2020-11-12 09:55:58
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.4.3 Build 20200918 Rel. 74289

Hi Deco Community!

I hope you can help me!

Iam using today a classic deco M4 Network in Router Mode behind my ISP Modem. Everything ist working fine.

I have one room in my house which is a litte far away and the WLAN Connection is not running good and sometimes it drops.

So i plan to extend my network and i want to use a PLC Backhaul to connect this extended room. 

Now my questions are;

- i would change my main router from M4 to P7 or P9 to use the PLC

- the other 2 M4 devices are connected via Ethernet Backhaul

Can you give me a advise which device i should buy? P7 or P9

Are these devices complete compatible or could there be a problem i have to check first?

I have read about many issues regarding the P9 device? are this problems fixed? The faster AV1200 PLC Backhaul would be great instead the slower AV600 Backbone in the P7.

Thx for your help!!!

Christian

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco M4 + P7 or P9
2020-11-18 12:53:10

@ChrisAT 

Good Day.

Hope the following information could provide any help

1. The PLC Backhaul only takes effect between the P7 and P9, P7 and P7, or P9 and P9, which means you need to have at least two powerline Decos;
  2. M4, P7, and P9 are compatible with each other and could create the mesh together.
  3. As for the P7, it has been end -out- life in some area, such as the UK; and if not end-of-life, the firmware update might take much longer than P9, also the new features update;

Thank you very much!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1392

Replies: 1

Related Articles