M9+ Parental Controls

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

M9+ Parental Controls

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
M9+ Parental Controls
M9+ Parental Controls
2020-11-12 13:15:22 - last edited 2020-11-12 13:17:27
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.4.3 Build 20200918 Rel. 75286

My M9's parental controls are SLOOOOW to respond, specifically when "pausing" or unpausing internet.  Doesn't seem to matter which of my devices I use to pause/unpause and it's very fluid response.  One time I pause them and it's instantaneous, the next it can take 20-30 minutes for any changes to take effect.  I would assume that in the instance of a TV playing Netflix, the TV is just finishing playing downloaded content, however it also takes forever when I unpause the internet for the TV.  It's always been this way; at least since installing the system a little over a year ago.

The device it seems to be the slowest on is an Android phone, however it reacts the same to other Android devices and iPhones, though they just seem to be a little faster.

Options
3 Reply
Re:M9+ Parental Controls
2020-11-18 13:03:50

@JereNet 

Good day.

Sorry for the delay.

Please wait for a while and let me have a check with the senior engineers.

Just to confirm one thing, when ‘pause’ it would take long to end the internet service;

And when ’unpause’, it would also take long to recover the internet connection?

Thank you very much.

Options
2020-11-18 13:15:10

@TP-Link_Deco that is correct.

Options
2020-11-21 22:40:50 - last edited 2020-11-21 22:42:44

@JereNet 

Hi, I also have exactly the same problems. Set up parental control for my youngest, an iPhone and a macBook air, mostly one of the units vanishes in about hours or a day. I have tried this multiple times and it's constantly happening again. Also I have experienced that pausing internet connection on her profile shifts automatically "off" after a variable time by itself. So, I really do not have any use of the parental control, I have to check many times every day if it's still working, if not, then I have to set up control temporarily again.

So, I think, there is some bugs in either my iPhone or iPad Deco app or there is a bug in firmware that does not store my settings correctly.

So to Deco Support, you please have to look into this urgently.

I have latest Deco firmware and latest Deco app updates, my Deco is M9 Plus V.2 EU 1.4.3 Build 20200921 Rel. 42500.

Regards 

/Janne

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 541

Replies: 3

Related Articles