My Archer c20 v4 randomly connects and disconnects and doesn't stream media properly

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

My Archer c20 v4 randomly connects and disconnects and doesn't stream media properly

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-13 16:20:39
Model: Archer C20  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 0.9.1.4.16 v0001.0

Hi,

I am facing a strange issue since a few weeks. I am using Archer C20 v4 with Alliance broadband in India.

My internet is randomly disconnecting. The internet LED glows green, but internet doesn't work. Streaming media is a pain, and most of the live broadcasts fail to run continuously and buffer all the time. This also happens randomly, not like all the time.

Recently, I purchased the Mi smart TV stick and connected it to Internet through the router's WiFi. It failed to run properly and always keeps disconnecting or buffering. The speed of my connection is rated at 60 mbps and it does display the same results on Speedtest or Fast.com. Youtube runs smoothly. But streaming media or live broadcasts do not work properly.

Then I tried to switch to mobile hotspot (to connect to the Mi TV stick) through my Realme X2 and it worked wonderfully. Without any hiccups at all. 

On my PC and laptop, the WiFi network keeps interrupting as described before. 

I also keep receiving this message: 

Recv no OFFER, DHCP Service unavailable

Please note that my internet service provider (Alliance) gave me static IP addresses.

When I try to log in to 192.168.0.1, it would sometimes display the error that the page has failed to load. I simply cannot enter the router's login page to check or configure my router. This also happens randomly, not continuously.

I was suspicious that my Mi TV stick is faulty, but now I am 100% sure that this problem is happening from the router's end. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

Options
1 Reply
Re:My Archer c20 v4 randomly connects and disconnects and doesn't stream media properly
2020-12-10 09:13:34

@stan88 

Hello, apologies for the delayed response, and thanks for reporting the issue to the community. To better help you, please help to confirm the following information.
1. What is the detailed network diagram/layout? What if you connect this Mi smart TV stick to the C20 with an Ethernet cable, or to the modem directly, will the streaming media or live broadcasts work smoothly?
2. Is the Mi smart TV stick connected to the 2.4GHz or 5GHz network? How about other application or services on other devices, such as the laptops and phones?
3. Try to modify the wireless settings on the C20, such as wireless channel and channel width, you may also check if you have the IGMP Snooping setting on the C20, enable it to give it a go if there is.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 565

Replies: 1