5Ghz connection from router to extender on RE300 drops out

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

5Ghz connection from router to extender on RE300 drops out

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
12 Reply
Re:5Ghz connection from router to extender on RE300 drops out
2021-01-31 21:31:45 - last edited 2021-01-31 21:40:59

@Tonygibbs16 Hi! Thanks for your suggestion.

The issue is the 2.4 band is extremely slow where I am, which isn't particularly useful for more speed demanding tasks--which is exactly why I need the extender to work at 5Ghz! At 2.4 at best I see speeds of 10Mbps, with the 5Ghz I can get up to 90Mbps (for the brief periods the extender will work!). 

The issue has actually gotten worse, 9/10 the extender fails to connect me to anything, regardless of how I configure it or what band I try to connect to; it tells me it was unable to connect. 

Not really sure what I can do about it now, though. Wasted money on something which won't work & it is too late to return

Options
Re:5Ghz connection from router to extender on RE300 drops out
2021-01-31 22:19:56

@sgwwifi Hello,

You're welcome.

If you use the TPLink Tether app to manage your RE300 then what does the Location Assistant say about whether the RE300 is too far away from your Virgin Superhub?

I had problems when my RE300 was too close but the TPLink Tether app helped me get my RE300 at the right distance from my Zyxel router.

Maybe moving your RE300 closer to your Superhub would make the 2.4GHz more reliable and faster, and then your RE300 will give out 5GHz that your end devices can connect to.

I hope that this is helpful. (I have found the RE300 really good and stable for me as a range extender of my Zyxel routers 2.4GHz and it gives out a good stable 5GHz signal for my end devices to use. :-) )

Kind regards,

Tony

Options
Related Articles