WAN port unplugged

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

WAN port unplugged

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
WAN port unplugged
WAN port unplugged
2020-11-15 16:59:49
Model: Archer A6  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Hello, 

I bought a TP- Link archer A6 AC 1200 router recently. After quick setup it worked fine for a while but after 7-8 days whenever I reboot  it it shows error msg like WAN Port unplugged. 

And then it takes hours to reconnect. 

Is their a solution to this or the router is faulty? 

Please help it's my first time using a TP-Link router

Thank you

Options
3 Reply
Re:WAN port unplugged
2020-11-16 06:20:05

@KutKut 

Hello, thanks for reporting the issue to the community. Please help confirm the below, and we will try to figure it out:

1. May I know who is your ISP? What is the network bandwidth provided by your ISP? Is the WAN connection type PPPoE or dynamic IP? Ensure the connection from the ISP modem is stable, you may get another router and connect it to the modem to monitor.

2. When the internet drops on the A6 and displays "WAN port unplugged", is the Internet LED orange or off? How long it will take to reconnect?

3. Ensure the cable between the A6 and your ISP modem is good, try with another cat5e or cat6 cable if necessary.

May it helps.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-12-11 13:03:19 - last edited 2020-12-11 13:03:45

Earlier I used to get the connection after some time but over the past few days, it has not been able to connect at all.

1. ISP is Jio Fiber. Bandwidth - 150 mbps. Dynamic IP connection type. Connection from modem seems stable (connected LAN directly to PC)

2. Orange light blinks. Not sure, how long it takes to connect. Sometimes it takes minutes and sometimes hours.

3. I tried with another cable, the problem still persists.

Options
2020-12-15 02:21:04

@KutKut 

Have you ever tried with another wireless router? Did it work properly with the modem?

When the internet drops on the Archer A6, is there still an WAN IP address? Please login to the web interface to confirm it.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1532

Replies: 3

Related Articles