No WDS Bridge mode in Touch P5?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-16 09:51:37
Model: Touch P5  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.1 Build 20151013 Rel. 35527

I am using TPlink Touch P5 as main router .I was looking at enabling my netgear router as a repeater. I followed few tutorials and youtube videos to setup secondary router as repeater. the tutorials mentions setting up main router WDS bridge enabling mode

But I dont see the WDS bridge mode in TpLink Touch p5. Can anyone please confirm if this is a firmware issue or if there is any other way to

Options
4 Reply
Re:No WDS Bridge mode in Touch P5?
2020-11-16 10:52:06

@abhaydhar . Help! My previous post was auto deleted. mods pl dont delete this post , pl provide me what details is missing so that I can update my question accordingly.

Options
2020-12-10 08:36:19

@abhaydhar 

Hi, apologies for the delayed response.

Generally, there is no need to enable the WDS bridging on the main router, that is the Touch P5 in your network, you just need to enable it on the Netgear router, if it supports WDS or repeater mode, then it should be able to connect to the main Touch P5.

Options
2020-12-11 05:42:01

@Kevin_Z Thanks for your reply!

The other netgear router supports repeater mode , but even after following tutorials and netgear documentaton I am unable to make the netgear work as a repeater. I dont know whether this is a issue with netgear or my configuration

Steps I took

1- Disabled DHCP on netgear

2- Changed SSID , channel (from auto to channel used by tplink)

3- enabled wireless repeater function in netgear

4- rebooted netgear

5- added tplink MAC address( of tplink) and IP in Netgear.

Is there anything else I need to do ? The tutorials mentioned using survey to scan for the repeaters, but as you said this step is redundant. How can I ensure what I am doing is correct. 

Appreciate your help.

-Abhay

Options
2020-12-11 09:20:49

@abhaydhar 

Hi Abhay, generally, no need to modify any settings on the Touch P5, just ensure you have all the wireless settings correct on the netgear repeater.

If the netgear repeater cannot connect to the Touch P5 wireless, you may try to change the wireless channel on the Touch P5 to some fixed one, such as 1/6/11, then reboot it, try to reconfigure the netgear repeater again.

It is also suggeste the netgear support that if it requires any special settings on the main router.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1078

Replies: 4