wirless lan connectivity issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-17 18:00:39
Model: Archer C9  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.2.4 build 20190403 rel .63869(4555)

some weeks ago I added a new msi laptop to my wireless lan. the name of the msi laptop was msi (from factory) but appeared in tp-link admin as workgroups name. then I CHANGED THE NAME to "gamsi", but I am unable to connect to the other laptops on my LAN, AND I am also unable to connect to the "gamsi" msi-laptop from the other laptops. now i discovered that the name GAMSI  APPAERS TWICE IN ARCHERS NETWORK MAP: WITH DIFFERENT IP-ADDDRESS! SO NO WONDER THAT i cannot connect. how to fix the issue? i first thougth it was windows10 isssue, or msi-issue but now it seems it is tp-link issue. please heltp

Options
2 Reply
Re:wirless lan connectivity issue
2020-11-18 09:24:50

Hi folks - found out to day: it is not a router issue, it is MSI LAPTOP WINDOWS 10 HOME issue. I found an old router, d-link, still working. The same issue: the MSI LAPTOP cannot connect to other laptops on the wireless LAN, and vice versa. I suspect a corrupt installation of windows10 on my MSI LAPTOP. I felt it appropriate to post this message, just to make things clear. 

Options
Re:wirless lan connectivity issue
2020-11-18 09:42:12

@strabejdser 

Hello, thanks for updating what you've found.

Please check the below instructions that I found online, you may confirm the settings on this msi Windows 10 laptop and ensure it is actually joining the group correctly:

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-setup-and-manage-windows-10-homegroup-local-network

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 214

Replies: 2

Related Articles