Need values to modify a factory firmware for Archer C7 V5 (to permit return from DDWRT to factory)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Need values to modify a factory firmware for Archer C7 V5 (to permit return from DDWRT to factory)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-17 19:36:37 - last edited 2020-11-17 19:37:55
Model: Archer C7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version:

Hello,

Those days, i am trying to help the Archer C7 v5 community by modifying a factory firmware (stripping firmware) to permit the return to factory firmware once we get installed DDWRT or OpenWRT.

I followed a help document for the Archer C7 v2, and the process would be the same, but we need correct values for :

dd if=ArcherC7_V2.bin of=tplink.bin skip=257 bs=512

Any help would be greatly appreciated by the TP Link community.

Thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:Need values to modify a factory firmware for Archer C7 V5 (to permit return from DDWRT to factory)
2020-12-10 07:22:12

@fced 

Sorry to tell you that we are not familiar with the 3rd party firmware, like OpenWRT, I'm afraid that there is not much we can help you. 

You can search online to get some help though. 

Meanwhile, below is the statement regarding the use of the 3rd party firmware:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/archer-c7/#Firmware 

Have a nice day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 761

Replies: 1