M9 Ethernet Backhaul and WiFi support

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-18 06:32:50 - last edited 2020-11-19 06:57:52
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi guys. 

If I configure the m9 mesh with a ethernet backhaul, this means I can only use internet connecting my devices to the mesh via cable? 

Or its possible to have wifi with a mesh backed up by a ethernet backhaul?

Thanks

Camilo

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:M9 Ethernet Backhaul and WiFi support-Solution
2020-11-19 06:57:06 - last edited 2020-11-19 06:57:52

@czelaznog 

Hi,

The Ethernet backhaul and Wi-Fi backhaul are mainly used to describe the connection between the Decos.

So if you are using Ethernet backhaul, it means the Decos are connected by cable.

And it is also available, two Decos are connected via cables, the last one using the Wi-Fi backhaul.

It does not affect the client devices and they could still choose wireless connection or Ethernet connection per needs.

For more details about backhaul, please refer to this link:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1794/  

Thank you very much!

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:M9 Ethernet Backhaul and WiFi support-Solution
2020-11-19 06:57:06 - last edited 2020-11-19 06:57:52

@czelaznog 

Hi,

The Ethernet backhaul and Wi-Fi backhaul are mainly used to describe the connection between the Decos.

So if you are using Ethernet backhaul, it means the Decos are connected by cable.

And it is also available, two Decos are connected via cables, the last one using the Wi-Fi backhaul.

It does not affect the client devices and they could still choose wireless connection or Ethernet connection per needs.

For more details about backhaul, please refer to this link:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1794/  

Thank you very much!

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 429

Replies: 1

Related Articles