RE305 connection problems

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-18 08:54:53 - last edited 2020-11-20 07:20:39
Model: RE305  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

I bought a RE305 to extend the wifi signal in my house. Router is downstairs and my study is upstairs, and signal up there is not strong. Wifi is BT broadband.

I followed the instructions to set the extender up, but when i connected my laptop/phone to the extender's network, it said i had no internet connection and it wouldnt let me connect to the web browser or via Tether. I then tried connecting via the WPS button. that didnt seem to work initially (the signal light kept blinking), but eventually it seemed to work.

I now have a solid signal light on the extender, and the 5 GHz light is also on, and i can see the extender network as an available network on my devices, but when i connect to it, it says no internet connection and will not let me connect to the internet.

Curiously, when i go onto the Tether app on my phone via the extender network, it does recognise the extender, and says i am connected to the router via the 5 GHZ network, but i still dont have internet connection for any other purpose (e.g. when i try to log in using the TP-Link ID, it says "no internet").

Can anyone suggest what to do, or what i am doing wrong?!

Thanks in advance.

Will 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:RE305 connection problems-Solution
2020-11-20 07:15:04 - last edited 2020-11-20 07:20:39

@Albionwill 

Good day,

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

May I know the model number of your BT home router?

I think it might be caused by the DHCP server on the RE305.

And there is a beta firmware for the DHCP function and please update the firmware to have a look.

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/192368

Please feel free to update here with further improvement.

Thanks a lot.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:RE305 connection problems-Solution
2020-11-20 07:15:04 - last edited 2020-11-20 07:20:39

@Albionwill 

Good day,

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

May I know the model number of your BT home router?

I think it might be caused by the DHCP server on the RE305.

And there is a beta firmware for the DHCP function and please update the firmware to have a look.

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/192368

Please feel free to update here with further improvement.

Thanks a lot.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1200

Replies: 1

Related Articles