RE205 cannot assign DHCP after a reboot of RE or Router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-18 17:05:18 - last edited 2020-11-18 17:29:23
Model: RE205  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.0.0 Build 20191011 Rel. 68711

After using the new RE205 for 2 days I am observing that the RE is not able to provide DHCP to its clients. When this happens there will be stale MAC entries without IP in displayed client list of RE. I have tried giving a static IP to RE from the Routers DHCP pool but still it is not working. There have never been this situation with my Router. There is no mac filter enabled.Firmware is upto date as per the status provided from the web page of RE and Router.Below is my Router info

TPLINK M7350

1.0.9 Build 180727 Rel.1065n

M7350(EU) v5.0.

The thing is with fresh configuration everything works fine but a reboot of RE or Router creates problem. Let me know if any solution is there.

NB: While going through the threads for RE205 DHCP I found that TP-LINK is giving a beta firmware as a solution for this. Let me know if I can get it.

Options
2 Reply
Re:RE205 cannot assign DHCP after a reboot of RE or Router
2020-11-20 03:51:01

@Indkerkozhsmv 

Good day.

Normally, once the RE205 is successfully linked with M7350, its own DHCP server would turn off automatically otherwise there would be two DHCP servers assigning the IP address.

So I guess the issue is that RE205 would turn on its own DHCP server even though the M7350 is active and assigning the IP address, which is the beta firmware used for.

After confirming your current issue, please have a check of your message box and have a test for the beta firmware.

Thank you very much.

Waiting for your reply.

Options
Re:RE205 cannot assign DHCP after a reboot of RE or Router
2021-01-09 23:20:38 - last edited 2021-01-15 19:40:25

@TP-Link I updated the firmware of my re205 and it enabled the options for dhcp. I have tried 2 options for client dhcp assignment.

1. Disable dhcp on RE205 and make it assign by my router.

2. Enable the dhcp on RE205 and keep the range equal to the router or subset of the router.

Both cases I do get an IP assignment problem when I do a reboot of the client and the solution is to reboot the RE205 or router which is quite annoying.

I do tried to assign a static ip to the client from the dhcp range and even out of it but belonging to the same network. But still the issue is there. If I reboot the client it cannot reach the router until a reboot is done on either router or RE.I have also kept the band same on router and RE.

What I noticed after the reboot of the client is that the client can ping to the nearby hosts in the network but not to the router even though all are in the same local network/subnet. At the same time the non-rebooted client can ping the router. A wireshark check in client shows the client broadcasting asking for the router to respond but this broadcast seems not being reached to the router even though all other clients can reach the router through RE.

On a linux client when I assigned a unique static ip beyond the dhcp range but belonging to the same network/subnet it alerts for duplicate IP when I do a ping to router. I don't know why it is behaving like this.

Do you have any other configuration setting to reach the router on RE?

Also is there a limitation for RE where it can't forward the broadcast from client to the router? Any settings to modify?

Current RE update firmware version

1.0.2 Build 20201030 Rel. 40667

RE205 v3.0

Router M7350

1.1.2 Build 201019 Rel.1077n

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 513

Replies: 2