Hidden network / O/off switch Onemesh

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Hidden network / O/off switch Onemesh

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
22 Reply
Re:Hidden network / O/off switch Onemesh
2022-01-11 01:11:47

@terziyski 

The hidden network disappears when I turn off the router.  I'm convinced that it's the Onemesh net.  Toggling Onemesh to off does not seem to prevent the hidden network.

It interferes with an old wireless device (Logitech Squeezebox Radio), causing it to drop the connection after a few minutes.  This started happening with a recent firmware update to the router.  

I went to a wired connection, so I'm not going to mess with the router any further. It may be that the A7 is cheap and older, thus not getting much attention.

Options
Re:Hidden network / O/off switch Onemesh
2022-01-11 02:03:13 - last edited 2022-01-11 02:12:08

@Dave-D 

Implementing an ON/OFF switch button to disable OneMesh hidden wireless network has been described here in details.

If you're certain that this ON/OFF switch button doesn't work, then you should report your finding in the aforementioned thread.

That the Archer A7 is cheap and older is not an excuse if this doesn't work as expected in recent FW release.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
Related Articles