hidden network!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

hidden network!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
hidden network!
hidden network!
2020-11-10 10:06:50 - last edited 2020-11-11 12:09:51
Model: Archer VR2100  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

@Aquafox 

Tp - Link vr2100 emitting a hidden network, i want to disable it but firmware does not let to do so. Please add an option to disable it

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:hidden network!-Solution
2020-11-11 12:09:46 - last edited 2020-11-11 12:09:51

@kemosabe8x 

Good day,

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

The Archer VR2100 supported OneMesh and the hidden network is used to connect the OneMesh extenders;

For more details, please have a look at this link: https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/stories/detail/728

And currently, there is no option to turn off the OneMesh yet.

Thanks a lot.

Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:hidden network!-Solution
2020-11-11 12:09:46 - last edited 2020-11-11 12:09:51

@kemosabe8x 

Good day,

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

The Archer VR2100 supported OneMesh and the hidden network is used to connect the OneMesh extenders;

For more details, please have a look at this link: https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/stories/detail/728

And currently, there is no option to turn off the OneMesh yet.

Thanks a lot.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:hidden network!
2020-11-11 21:29:45

@Sunshine Thank you i know it is onemesh.. When tp-link is going to relase new firmware in order to disable this hidden network?. Also there will be users using onemesh with ethernet backhaul (all mesh devices connected to router as AP) so Tp-link should also provide only disable this hidden network. I just can not understand why tp-link is trying to make people regret buying tp-link products while Asus giving you all adjustments like changing snr margins etc. which tp-link does not allow you.. Why?

Options
2022-01-06 20:40:32

Archer VR2100 Latest frimware still has no Hidden network On/off switch for Onemesh.. why don't you do it, while people asking this for a year now ? why you treat us like that.. does your company thinks customers are fools? 

Options
2022-01-07 00:51:00
... to be honest I think we are the fools to buy Tp-Link again since the products of a few years ago are no longer stable as a rock, for some years there are only problems with the software that are not solved, advertising misleading on some products (See. VR-2800v to others), handsomely paid products that remain with software in a beta state (See. VR-2800v and others) costs aligned to other manufacturers often even higher with sw problems that if they do not update the software makes you only an expensive ornament, biblical times to say the least for the release of new software (Average time 1 year but it gets to 2 in the normal case!) blocking of the Telnet functionality (absurd crap, what do you care what I do with Telnet? but you pay for it as if it had it if not even more expensive than others) products that arrive at the HW 7 versions (You are unable to design a hardware that takes you 7 Revisions to do it, or it is a rush to buy 7products so much to make amazing numbers and at a high price?) lately many Wi-Fi 6 products often lack an important outline such as the wpa-3 forcing you to buy the new version maybe version 1.20 or 2.0 having the missing specification as well as their incompatible Mesh with none of the competing products because they do not produce the EasyMesh compatible with others (Le furbate di Tp-Link!) and always lately also considerable aggression in sales policies and users often abandoned to themselves because solutions to Software problems are not found. So the fools are we who are still here hopeful.
Options
2022-01-07 00:58:55

@PasKy I couldn't agree more..

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 939

Replies: 5

Related Articles