RE 450 Dropping Connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-21 18:02:04
Model: RE450  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.5 Build 20200914 Rel.

On average of about once per hour, the RE450 will drop connection, and then be right back up seemingly 1 second later. This is extremely noticable when playing an online game, as I will get booted with a "lost connection" message, but by the time I go to check my connection, it's already back up and as strong as ever. 

If I un plug the extender and use just my wireless adapter, I get a stable connection that doesn't drop, but its very laggy. I have to choose between a laggy but stable connection, or no lag but unstable. I don't want to choose anymore, there's got to be a way to have the extender provide me a strong AND stable connection.

I've tried the troubleshooting guide, I've restored to factory settings, updated the firmware, network names are different than host names, I've tried an ethernet connection from the extender to my PC, nothing seems to work. I've also moved it around to different outlets.

Options
5 Reply
Re:RE 450 Dropping Connection
2020-11-23 07:15:08

@Chayes

Good day.

Thanks a lot for your time and patience.

Did both 2.4ghz and 5ghz, as well as Ethernet connection have the same issue?

What is the model number of the home router?

Later I would send you a beta firmware and please update this firmware to see if it helped or not.

Please feel free to update here with further improvement.

Thank you very much.

Options
2020-11-23 16:53:16

@TP-Link Yes, I tested it on the 2.4ghz connection aswell and the issue persisted.

Router is ARRIS model no. DG2470A

Options
2020-11-24 22:05:33

@TP-Link Hello, I've installed the firmware but the problem persists. I'm still getting periodic disconnects with and without using ethernet.

Options
2020-11-25 06:53:14

@Chayes 

Good day,

Thank you very much for your kind reply.

We would like to follow up your case by email and please have a check of your email box later.

Thanks a lot.

Options
2020-11-27 14:24:52

@TP-Link Hi, I still haven't recieved any emails regarding my issue

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 578

Replies: 5

Related Articles