Archer T3U Plus Drivers

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer T3U Plus Drivers

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Archer T3U Plus Drivers
Archer T3U Plus Drivers
2020-11-21 22:50:55

Hello, i bought an Archer T3U Plus and I installed the drivers from the tp-link website but it seems like they are not working properly, for example, lag spike, disconnection from the wifi and packet loss. So i wanted to know if there are new drivers for this wifi adapter that can fix my problems.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer T3U Plus Drivers
2020-11-24 03:23:01 - last edited 2020-11-24 03:23:12

@Drako 

Hello, thanks for asking. 

May I know the operating system of your computer? Is it Windows 10 or Mac?

If it is a Windows 10, you may try to update the public driver for this T3U Plus, which shares the same chipset as the Archer T4U v3:
https://static.tp-link.com/2019/201911/20191128/Archer T4U V3_TP-Link driver_1030.22.0202.2018.zip

If this doesn't help, please help confirm some details, and we will try to work it out:
1. May I know how long have you had the adapter and when did the issue start?
2. Did both the 2.4GHz and 5GHz drop the connection?
3. What is the model number of your home router? If possible, please try to adjust the wireless channel and channel width on the wireless router, such as channel 11 for 2.4ghz; channel 36 for 5ghz, this which may help to improve the wireless connectivity and range.

4. If possible, try this adapter on another computer and confirm if the issue persists.
5. Is there any anti-virus software running on the computer? Can you please try to uninstall it and see if that makes a difference?

Good day.

Options
Re:Archer T3U Plus Drivers
2020-11-29 04:36:26

@Kevin_Z 

Hello, the operating system of my PC is Windows 10 and i tried to install the T4U v3 drivers, now It work way better than before but sometime occur lag spikes and packet loss or the adapter disconnects from WiFi.

I bought the adapter 3 weeks ago and issue start immediately.

Yes, both 2.4hz and 5hz drop the connection.

I don't know the model number of my router and and I don't know where I can find it sorry but i tried to change the wireless channel but It seems like nothing changed.

I can't try the adapter on other device because I only have my PC and my phone, i'm sorry.

The only anti-virus software installed on my computer Is Windows Defender. 

Options