Default gateway not available TP-link wireless adapter WN823N

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-22 12:24:46 - last edited 2020-11-22 14:52:44
Model: TL-WN823N  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1030.38.712.2019 driver

Whenever i play a video game After 5-7 min Adapter loses wi fi connection

I changed power saving req So it worked for 1 match in video game fine

But today its again switches off

Resolution says its "Default gateway is not available" and

Not only in game

in browser also but rare

Options
1 Reply
Re:Default gateway not available TP-link wireless adapter WN823N
2020-11-24 05:53:52

@SeryMasss 

Hello, thanks for asking.

Are you both using the WN823N on the latest Windows 10 version? Please help confirm some details, and we will try to work it out:
1. May I know how long have you had the adapter and when did the issue start?
2. What is the model number of your home router? If possible, please try to adjust the wireless channel and channel width on the wireless router, such as channel 11 for 2.4ghz, this which may help to improve the wireless connectivity and range.
3. You may try to set a static IP and gateway on this computer, ensure it is in the subnet of the home router, then confirm if this will still disconnect. How to do that? Please check the below instructions:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/919/  (Choose Wi-Fi in Step 3)

4. If possible, try this adapter on another computer and confirm if the issue persists.
5. Is there any anti-virus software running on the computer? Can you please try to uninstall it and see if that makes a difference?

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1146

Replies: 1

Related Articles