Massive Packet loss / Ping Spikes on Archer T6E

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-22 16:52:08
Model: Archer T6E  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I recently bought the Archer T6E for my computer. I have made sure everything is up to date and installed correctly. Unfortunately, it has been giving me massive ping spikes and packet loss issues. I am positive it is not my network provider and 100% positive it in this component. 

I have not had this issue until I bought and installed this component. What can I do to fix this?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Massive Packet loss / Ping Spikes on Archer T6E
2020-11-24 05:40:59

@Alex3 

Hello, thanks for bringing this up.

Is the computer working with this T6E a Windows 10? If yes, you may try to update the public driver first:
https://static.tp-link.com/2019/201911/20191129/T6E Driver_BCM_4352_QAM256_win10_beta.zip

If this doesn't help, please help confirm some details, and we will try to work it out:
1. May I know how long have you had the adapter and when did the issue start?
2. Are you connecting to the 5GHz network? What if you connect this computer to the 2.4GHz?
3. What is the model number of your home router? If possible, please try to adjust the wireless channel and channel width on the wireless router, such as channel 11 for 2.4ghz; channel 36 for 5ghz, this which may help to improve the wireless connectivity and range.
4. If possible, try this adapter on another computer and confirm if the issue persists.
5. Is there any anti-virus software running on the computer? Can you please try to uninstall it and see if that makes a difference?

Good day.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1408

Replies: 1

Related Articles