problem with RE450 dropping connection constantly

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-22 18:56:05
Model: RE450  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

hello!

ive bought the re450 range extender 3 days ago, and WHEN i get connection - its good . fast speed ..all good.

BUT! i get a lot of connection loss in about every hour or so .. has anyone else experienced it? any solution?? thanks so much!

Options
6 Reply
Re:problem with RE450 dropping connection constantly
2020-11-23 03:27:34

@eladilevi 

Good day,

May I know the hardware and firmware version about RE450?

How about the model number of your main router?

When the connection dropped, would the 2.4ghz and 5ghz lights turn off?

What need you do to recover the connection? Rebooting the RE450?

Did the Ethernet connection from RE450 drop as well?

Thank you very much!

Options
2020-11-23 18:42:44

@TP-Link 

hello!

hardware : RE450 v3.0

firmware: 1.0.1 Build 20190124 Rel. 56886

router: Technicolor DGA2232

to recover the connection, i need to either wait for some time , or to reboot the re450.

and the lights wont turn off when the connection drops.

Options
2020-11-26 23:45:19

@TP-Link I am having this same issue and after browsing the forum this seems to be an issue for quite a lot of RE450 owners however, tech support just keeps taking the resolution directly to the individual's email, leaving those of us with this issue to have no idea if its system, environment, or user end. What is the resolution for this issue? This cant be just specific to each person, can it? Seems like a device problem when everyone is complaining about the same 5GHz losses in the exact same manner with only the 5G connection being affected....

Options
2020-11-27 09:11:25

@Inv8dr like you I'm also experiencing lost connectivity on 5ghz. It's driving me mad, it can be working fine one minute then suddenly drops no explanation.

I've changed the 5ghz channel as recommended by TP Link Support but no effect.

Options
2021-05-26 17:44:46

@Buxtonlad I've done many of the same steps as you. I have tried to release and renew the IP on my computer, assigned a static IP to the extender on my router, changed channels on my router, I even attempted repositioning the extender to see if that possibly helped. Not one thing I tried had made a d@mn difference. I just logged back on here today because I am still experiencing the exact same issue. 2.4 stays connected the entire time but that 5G drops constantly, every day. The light on the 5G goes off while 2.4 stays on. I don't get it. I mean, I understand that 5G is a more tempermental frequency and many factors can cause an interference but you'd expect after the hurdle it would reconnect. Nope, i cant get 5G reconnected until I either power-cycle the RE450 or factory reset and reinitialize from scratch. 

If you've had any luck in resolving I'd be extremely grateful to learn what steps you took.

Hope you're better connected than I!!

Options
2021-05-26 17:46:05
Lol - after this long i probably should just bite the bullet, trash the thing and go with a different brand altogether.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2024

Replies: 6