Intermittent packet loss on RE200 V2

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-23 01:10:47
Model: RE200  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.8

Hi,

my range extender drops packets every 30 seconds or so for around 3 seconds, run the test on https://packetlosstest.com/ and and this happens repeatedly, specially when more than 1 computer is using the extender.

When only on 1 computer and after a reset it seems to disappear. At the moment i have it on high speed mode receiving 5G from the router and broadcasting on 2.4.

I get 30 megabits on the speedtest so that should be enough bandwidth, but the conection is stable and then just drops packets completly for a few seconds, then stable again, then drops packets again.

tested an asus repeater and although at just 6 megabits per second has no dropped packets and the games run fine.

Thank you for your time.

Paulo

Options
5 Reply
Re:Intermittent packet loss on RE200 V2
2020-11-23 03:19:47

@Absaint 

Good day,

May I know the model number of your home router?

When the packets lost, would the 2.4ghz and 5ghz lights turn off on the RE200?

And Have you tested if the Ethernet connection dropped the packets as well?

Could you please try to change the type of the high-speed mode, like 2.4ghz to the router, 5ghz for the clients?

Or change the 5ghz channel of the home router to be channel 36/48 to have a look;

Thank you very much!

Options
2020-11-23 12:19:19

thank you for the reply,

the repeater was on channel 36 for 5G and now switched to channel 48, packet loss continues. Haven´t tested the rest yet.

Just to update that i ran the packet loss test concurrently on the affected computer and on mobile and the packet loss affects only the computer. It has a D-link DWA-140 wireless adapter and that might be the issue. As to why the problem doesn't appear with the other extender, maybe because of the high speed connection of this extender?

Best regards,

Paulo Dias

Options
2020-11-25 10:23:22

@Absaint 

Good day.

Thanks a lot for your detailed information

Could you please help me double confirm the following information:

1. Only the PC with D-link DWA-140 had the ping packet loss, not other mobile devices?
  2. What if you turn off the high speed mode, would the packet loss still exist?
  3. Since you mentioned that if only one PC was connected, there would be no such problem, right

Thank you very much.

Options
2020-11-26 22:40:56
Options
2020-11-26 22:41:59

Absaint wrote

Hi,

my range extender drops packets every 30 seconds or so for around 3 seconds, run the test on https://packetlosstest.com/ and and this happens repeatedly, specially when more than 1 computer is using the extender.

When only on 1 computer and after a reset it seems to disappear. At the moment i have it on high speed mode receiving 5G from the router and broadcasting on 2.4.

I get 30 megabits on the speedtest so that should be enough bandwidth, but the conection is stable and then just drops packets completly for a few seconds, then stable again, then drops packets again.

tested an asus repeater and although at just 6 megabits per second has no dropped packets and the games run fine.

Thank you for your time.

Paulo

@Absaint 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1502

Replies: 5

Related Articles