AX10 speedtest too slow

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

AX10 speedtest too slow

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
AX10 speedtest too slow
AX10 speedtest too slow
2020-11-24 04:18:24 - last edited 2020-12-07 06:05:01
Model: Archer AX10  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 build 20200908 rel.42617

In the past two weeks, I don’t know what happened. The speed of ax10 is super slow. I keep trying to restart the modem and router. After a few minutes of restarting, the speed returned to normal, but then it slowed down again. I contacted the ISP company and he helped me check it. I changed to a new modem, and the check line was very normal, and then it became too slow.

I don’t know why, and when will it be updated to support the mesh function. Technology is convenient for users, and WiFi 6 has become one after more than a year, it’s not just that we can’t guarantee that the mesh function will be supported, so is the technical team useless? 

If you know how bad your product support is, switch to another brand router.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:AX10 speedtest too slow -Solution
2020-12-04 15:52:34 - last edited 2020-12-07 06:05:01

@Pudding 

I updated the latest version of the firmware, and the problem is basically solved. The 5ghz wifi still has a small amount of instability, and the speed is fast and slow. I set the router to restart the speed every day, and the speed is still acceptable throughout the day . For 3 months after you changed the router, I think you can still solve the problem by updating the firmware. The brand of tplink cannot be said to be bad, but the after-sales service is slower than other brands.

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:AX10 speedtest too slow
2020-11-24 07:14:53

@Nelsonwa 

Hello, sorry to hear that the router performance is not as good as expected, while we can try to figure it out, we hope you could help verify some details:

1. May I know who is your ISP? What is the download and upload speed provided by your ISP?
2. Are you connected to the 5GHz network when you experience the slow speed issue? How about the 2.4GHz connection, will it be normal?
3. Please tell me the wireless link speed at that time when the speed slows down, how to get that? You can refer to the below link.
https://www.tp-link.com/faq-2265.html
4. Ensure there is no QoS settings for these devices, you may login to the AX10 management page and go to Homecare-QoS, please check and ensure it is on the Standard Mode, then get back to the Clients' page, check all the clients connected to the router and ensure the High Priority is disabled.

As for the Onemesh supported firmware, we are sorry that it is still not available, you may need to wait and pay attention to the official website, thanks for your understanding. 

Options
2020-12-03 20:33:54 - last edited 2020-12-04 00:41:32

@Nelsonwa 

I am encountering the same issue. 2.4ghz wifi slowed to ~5 mbps while 5ghz is over 100+ mbps early. My firmware is at the latest. Restart and reset the router did not get rid of the problem. It made me very disappointed if I have to replace this three months old router. Have you found the resolution yet?

Options
Re:AX10 speedtest too slow -Solution
2020-12-04 15:52:34 - last edited 2020-12-07 06:05:01

@Pudding 

I updated the latest version of the firmware, and the problem is basically solved. The 5ghz wifi still has a small amount of instability, and the speed is fast and slow. I set the router to restart the speed every day, and the speed is still acceptable throughout the day . For 3 months after you changed the router, I think you can still solve the problem by updating the firmware. The brand of tplink cannot be said to be bad, but the after-sales service is slower than other brands.

Recommended Solution
Options
2020-12-07 06:04:55

@Pudding 

Hi, just as Nelsonwa suggested, please update the firmware of your AX10 to the latest, then try to reconfigure it from scratch if there is still an issue, thanks a lot.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1437

Replies: 4

Related Articles