AC 1900 Router Reset? Maintenance?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-24 20:07:22

Greetings Friends ~ I have been using the cited router - AC 1900 for a few months now. It seems a reliable unit so far. 

Question, if I may: routers I've had previously from different manufacturers normally recommend periodic maiintenance; typically, a reset on a certain cycle. I haven't found any language touching on mainetenance in the AC 1900 manual, downloaded online. Is there something TP-Link would say I should be doing along these lines?

There is a "Reset" button on the back of the unit; perhaps there is a recommended cycle related to it.

Thank you very much in advance for any time and considedration.

LinkFan

Options
4 Reply
Re:AC 1900 Router Reset? Maintenance?
2020-11-25 06:59:19
Hello, apart from removing the dust with soft cloth , there's nothing else you have to do to maintain the device in a good condition. Resetting the device is final resort when you have a specific problems that could not be resolved by re-configuring the device.
If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2020-11-25 14:37:44

@LinkFan resetting a router is pretty much a last resort type of thing. It restores factory settings and completely wipes any changes you've made. Resetting can help when you can't even open a link like https://google.com, for example when changing ISPs so all the settings apply correctly and you can browse the Web freely. You don't need to reset your router if it functions as intended.

Options
2020-11-25 15:32:19

Ivaylo wrote

Hello, apart from removing the dust with soft cloth , there's nothing else you have to do to maintain the device in a good condition. Resetting the device is final resort when you have a specific problems that could not be resolved by re-configuring the device.

Thank you very much for your time and guidance! @Ivaylo 

Options
2020-11-25 15:34:10

JaimeeGarrison wrote

@LinkFan resetting a router is pretty much a last resort type of thing. It restores factory settings and completely wipes any changes you've made. Resetting can help when you can't even open a link like https://google.com, for example when changing ISPs so all the settings apply correctly and you can browse the Web freely. You don't need to reset your router if it functions as intended.

@JaimeeGarrison 

Thank you very much for your time and consideration. Helpful!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 477

Replies: 4

Related Articles