Advantage of using EAP 225 over Deco M4?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-26 02:29:20
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I'm planning on setting up whole home wifi. I have been considering Deco M4 (or M5 depending on budget availability) but then I came across the EAP models (EAP 225 to be specific).

I'll be using these as access points only as I have a router that I prefer to use. Also, these will be connected via ethernet. For this purpose, it would seem that the EAP 225 is a better choice. However, if considering the price point, it would seem that the M4 is cheaper (about $50 per deco) than the EAP 225 ($100 per unit). Of course with the difference of the M4 having slower wifi when compared to the EAP 225 (something I don't mind). Other than that, I don't see any other advantage of the EAP 225 over the Deco M4.

Unless I'm missing somethig of course.

Appreaciate any feedback on this.

Thanks.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Advantage of using EAP 225 over Deco M4?
2020-11-26 06:07:32

@alk 

Good day,

Did you plan to have more than one EAP225 to set up Mesh system or just one EAP225?

And for more details, please refer to the following information, take V3 for example:

1. It supported portal authentication;
  2. Power schedule and Wi-Fi schedule;
  3. Larger Wi-Fi coverage than Deco M4;
  4. It supported Wall-mount/ceiling-mount;
  5. Compatibility with 802.3af and Passive PoE;

Thanks a lot.

Options
Re:Advantage of using EAP 225 over Deco M4?
2020-11-26 06:29:57

@TP-Link 

TP-Link wrote

@alk 

Good day,

Did you plan to have more than one EAP225 to set up Mesh system or just one EAP225?

And for more details, please refer to the following information, take V3 for example:

1. It supported portal authentication;
  2. Power schedule and Wi-Fi schedule;
  3. Larger Wi-Fi coverage than Deco M4;
  4. It supported Wall-mount/ceiling-mount;
  5. Compatibility with 802.3af and Passive PoE;

Thanks a lot.

Hi,

I planned to get only 1 for now. House is roughly 1600 sq ft. However, if the coverage is not enough, I'll probably get another. I understand that the deco m4 can cover up to 5500 sq ft with all 3 modes. I figure if I get 2, it should easily cover the whole house.

Not sure about the coverate of the EAP 225 though. If 1 unit can cover the entire 1600 sq ft. then it should be good enough for me.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1461

Replies: 6

Related Articles