Archer T2U slow speeds on all bands

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-26 22:16:24
Model: Archer T2U  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: V1 170 724

Hi,

Im having a bad speed problem with my Archer Wifi Dongle. It used to give me 105Mbps on 5Ghz so basically full speed from my ISP and now it fluctuating all over the place and usually sits around 40Mbps.

So far I've tried:

• Moving the modem/router 
  • Checking for new electrical device that might interfere
  • Playing with different channels
  • Activating the gaming option on the adapter
  • Updating to the latest drivers
  • Trying other Wifi devices to rule out the router/modem.

So far nothing has done it and the performance on the 2.5Ghz band is even worse it;s like 0.5-4 Mbps.

The link speed shown in the connection status is only 100Mbps which is concerning, shouldn't it be a lot more?

If any one can help I'll really appreciate it.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer T2U slow speeds on all bands
2020-11-27 11:32:31

@Kpeters 

Hello, thanks for reporting the issue to the community.
1. Is the model number of your wireless adapter T2U, and is hardware version V1?
2. What is the operating system of your computer, a Windows 10 or mac? If it is a Windows 10, try to delete the existing driver and update the driver to the below one:
https://static.tp-link.com/2019/201911/20191128/T2Uv2.zip

If this doesn't help, please check the below further:
1. Is it possible to try this adapter on another computer and confirm if the issue persists?
2. Is there any anti-virus software running on the computer? Can you please try to uninstall it and see if that makes a difference?
3. It is suggested to try to change the wireless channel and channel width on the wireless router, which may help to improve the wireless connectivity and range. BTW, what is the model number of the wireless router that this T2U connects to?

If none of the above helps, please refer to the below article to review all the settings in your network and get back to us with the required info, then we will try to investigate further:
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/709/

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 767

Replies: 1