New software 1.5.1 DECO M5

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-28 12:51:57
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.1 Build 20201022 Ref 66804

The first thing to say, that this latest software update 1.5.1 Build 20201022 works very well, in general everything has improved, highlight how now it identifies well all connected devices, that network optimization works very well when it is used, the connection speeds are good and I am delighted.

I find a problem with two DAIKIN air conditioners, installed a short time ago and that I control with my smartphone over Wi-Fi, it turns out that the WLAN adapter they have does not support the use of Wi-Fi on channels 12 and 13 and only works on the frequency 2.4 Ghz. It turns out that with the new software, ´de the DECOS M5 touch the network optimization and it moved me in 2.4 Ghz from channel 8 to 13 which effectively totally unoccupied, but immediately I lost the connection with my two split DAIKIN with the smartphone. I have been able to make me change to another channel, I have restarted the DECOS but it does not change.

With this problem I find out that there are quite a few devices in Europe that behave like my DAKINS, and that for example in the USA the 2.4 Ghz Wi-Fi frequency only goes from channels 1 to 11 ..

My request is if it would not be possible in a new software update, for M5 that individually the user can cancel channels 12 and 13 of 2.4 Ghz if he considers it necessary. Thanks a lot

Options
1 Reply
Re:New software 1.5.1 DECO M5
2020-11-30 11:04:49

@Rioja 

Thank you very much for your kind feedback.

We would be happy to report your feedback to the senior engineers.

Since the network optimization is a new feature on the firmware 1.5.1, it might need some time to be improved.

Thanks a lot for your understanding and support.

Options