Setup Deco X20 as router replacing current router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-29 05:31:29
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I just installed Astro with Maxis fibre broadband package. Unfortunately, they did not provide me with the PPPoE username and password. The installer also said if i call Maxis, they will redirect me to Astro because I had no account with Maxis. My broadband is billed together with my Astro bill.

i followed the instructions on the Deco app. I connected the Deco X20 directly with my modem. During setup, I can only choose Dynamic IP as my options because the PPPoE username and password is not provided. As i went along with the instructions for setup, it failed and cannot connect to the internet.

So I tried again but this time I connected the Deco X20 to the router and connect the router to the modem as usual. This time the setup works. All the internet connections are there with the correct speed. But the problem is now I have 3 wifi networks. A 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz from the router and another wifi 6 network from the Deco X20

I know I can disable the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz wifi networks through the router gateway 192.168.1.254 and I have already done that. But the problem is i have 3 nodes which are modem+router+Deco X20

Does anyone know if it is possible to use the Deco X20 as router but without the PPPoE username and password? Does Dynamic IP is the only option for this? 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Setup Deco X20 as router replacing current router
2020-11-30 10:08:56

@rajafarid585 

Good day.

The PPPoE username and password normally are provided by the internet provider directly and not related to the router provider, so you could still have a check with Maxis fibre broadband.

And if the Fibre service required PPPoE, Deco X60 could not get internet over dynamic IP;

If you wish to have a single SSID and one DHCP server, Maybe you could considering set up Deco X60 as an access point;

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1097

Replies: 1

Related Articles