When I connect the ISP cable directly to Deco x20, the Internet speed drops down to 100 mbps.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

When I connect the ISP cable directly to Deco x20, the Internet speed drops down to 100 mbps.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-29 08:00:36 - last edited 2020-11-29 08:08:34
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.2.6 & 1.0.5

Greetings, great TP-Link gurus!

Please excuse my English in advance.

I recently got a new set of five Deco x20 (x3 pack and x2 pack) and the ISP provides me 600 mbps.
First, I decided to configure the kit by connecting the provider's cable directly to the main Deco x20.
The Internet speed is instantly cut to one hundred mbps (more precisely, to ninety-three).

But the ISP is supposed to give me 600!

I then decided to connect the provider's cable to my Apple Extreme with WiFi off on it, which I connected to the main Deco afterwards.
The ISP speed instantly increased to even more than the 600 mbps.

Any thoughts on how to remove an extra link in the form of a router? After all, without a router, the Internet is also available. It is not clear why direct connection makes the Deco x20 cut the speed?

Best regards from Russia!

Options
3 Reply
Re:When I connect the ISP cable directly to Deco x20, the Internet speed drops down to 100 mbps.
2020-11-30 09:19:46

@Antoine_Ego 

Good day.

Sorry for the delay.

For your case, we would like to forward your case to the senior engineers.

At the same time, could you please help me check the following information:

1. How are the Deco X20 connected to each other, Ethernet backhaul or wireless backhaul?—if possible, could you please draw a network pattern or Map about the connection for me?

2. Who is your internet service provider and what is the model number of the ISP modem?

3. What is the internet connection type on the Deco, dynamic IP or PPPoE?

Just in case the cable was the problem, please make sure you have tried to switch the cables.

Thank you very much.

Options
Re:When I connect the ISP cable directly to Deco x20, the Internet speed drops down to 100 mbps.
2020-12-01 05:26:31 - last edited 2020-12-01 07:35:55

@TP-Link, good morning!

1. My five Decos X20 are connected to each other via Ethernet backhaul using a star network.

2. My ISP is ER-Telecom, providing FTTB technology in Russia.

My own Apple Airport Extreme is used as a modem since the ISP does not provide any modem at all.

3. The internet connection type on both the ISP and the Deco is dynamic IP.

The above gives me a perfect internet. But when I decide to remove my Apple Extreme and connect the ISP cable directly to Deco x20, the speed immediately drops to 100 mbps.

Best regards from Russia!

Options
2020-12-01 09:51:57

@Antoine_Ego 

Hi,  I have forward your case to the senior engineers already and please check your email box for further assistance.

Thank you very much!

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1279

Replies: 3