Deco M4 Ethernet problem, Turns red when i connect to ethernet port

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-29 20:10:26 - last edited 2020-11-29 20:18:23
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.3.13

Hi

I got Internet where the master m4 is wired to my ISP modem, and  i connect my 2 other deco m4 devices through wifi and everything is working very well. My M4 Deco master is autimatically set to obtain WAN Ip-adress etc. from the ISP and ervything is working very well.

But when I try to connect another ASUS router wired to the master M4 (not a m4 router, it connects to  ehternetport number 2 because i want to be able to setup a vpn in this ASUS router), all m4 devices turn red and the Internet goes down. The ekstra ASUS router i connect is not yet configurated, but the the M4 network dies at the exact time i connect it to the ethernet port in the deco m4 master. Why is this mess happening and what can I do to make it work ?

I have 2 older asus routers. If I setip asus router number 1 to connect to my isp and connect the asus router number 2 by ethernet to numer 1, I can easyly have a vpn client on router number 2 and both network will work well. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco M4 Ethernet problem, Turns red when i connect to ethernet port
2020-11-30 06:59:31

@M4_CDA 

Good day,

Sorry for the delay.

Later we would like to follow up on your case by email and at the same time, could you please help me check the following information.

1.Once the Asus router is connected to the 2nd port of the mater Deco, all the Decos unit would become red, right?

2.Could you please help me check the internet IP address on the Deco APP at that time, 0.0.0.0 or something else?

3.After disconnecting the Asus, would Deco become green again?

4. And are you able to stably reproduce the problem, or is it just for once?

5. May I know the model number of the Asus router? and who is your internet service provider and how about the model number of ISP modem as well?

Thank you very much!

Options