Petition for tp link to stop being like apple.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-01 08:37:02 - last edited 2020-12-01 08:39:19
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: latest

i got my archer c6 ac1200 hw version 2.
as soon as i got it, i updated the firmware to the latest version.
Now after i was monitoring, i saw that the router is emitting a hidden network even though i never turned that on and there is no option to disable it.
After some research, i found out that it was for one mesh. I AM NOT USING ONE MESH. so please give an option to disable it!
Tp link implementing one mesh and no repeater mode is a cheap corporate tactic to force users to only buy tp link products.
Stop being like apple. also, i dont want my router using my cpu and memory on useless feature ( useless for me as i am not using one mesh.)
Moreover it is on the same channel so causing congestion.
Please listen and care for consumers and give an update to do the right thing.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Petition for tp link to stop being like apple.
2020-12-01 12:34:09

@asdfasdfasdf i am going to install openwrt firmware, looks very promising...

Options
2020-12-01 15:10:46

@asdfasdfasdf The situation is much worse... They have gone full apple mode. they have now disabled downgrading and installing custom firmware. Have to use tftpd method now.

Options
2020-12-02 06:52:05

@asdfasdfasdf 

Sorry to hear that you have updated the Archer C6 firmware to the OpenWrt one, we will no longer provide suggestions as per the third-party firmware on the TP-Link device.

While if you happen to flash it back to the TP-Link official firmware back, we may check if we can help with the hidden network issue, thanks for your understanding.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 538

Replies: 3

Related Articles