IPv6 not working in Archer A7

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-01 09:16:11
Model: Archer A7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.0.16 Build 20201029 rel.43238(4555)

My router is not fetching the IPv6 address at all. If I connect my laptop directly to the ethernet, it is able to get IPv6 from ISP but it's not working with the router. I am using a PPPoE connection with the SLAAC option. I tried setting it auto as well but it didn't work.

Options
3 Reply
Re:IPv6 not working in Archer A7
2020-12-02 07:38:36

@psbankar 

Hello,

Who is your ISP? Please refer to the below instructions to set up an IPv6 connection on the wireless router:
How to set up an IPv6 Internet connection on the Wi-Fi Routers

If the connection still fails, please ensure you have activated the IPv6 service with your ISP line and all the IPv6 parameters are correct, then verify the information as below:
1. What is your network topology, is it ISP modem--A7?
2. Is the IPv4 connection on the A7 good or not? What is the WAN IP address of it?
3. Is the IPv6 connection type the same as IPv4? Are both PPPoE?

Options
2020-12-02 10:33:07

@Kevin_Z 

My ISP is Dvois I-ON

Yes IPv6 is provided by ISP correctly and I am abe to get it when directly connected to laptop. But its not working on router.
1. What is your network topology, is it ISP modem--A7? - ONT->Router
2. Is the IPv4 connection on the A7 good or not? What is the WAN IP address of it? - Yes, IPv4 is working correctly. WAN IP starts with 100 because of CGNAT
3. Is the IPv6 connection type the same as IPv4? Are both PPPoE? - Yes both PPPoE on single account.

Options
2020-12-02 11:50:38

@psbankar 

To locate this issue and try to fix it, we would like to follow up on your case via email. Please check your inbox and provide the information that we need.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 628

Replies: 3

Related Articles