Improving home wifi conection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-01 22:20:35 - last edited 2020-12-02 01:45:44
Model: Archer AX50  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Dear community members,

I live in a newbuikd house with thick reinforced concrete walls. I recently bought a tp link archer ax50 with the idea to improve the overal signal strength on the  different floors of the house. 

Due to the thick walls and floors this did not solve the problem. Thus, now i am looking into other options such as a mesh based system or with different acces points. 

The set up should comply with at least the following three requirements:

- The acces point is powered by POE. 

- Every room of the house is equiped with one ethernet port. Therefore, I the acces point should have an outgoing ethernet port to connect other cabled equipment.

- I am quite a noob in wifi networks etc, therefore an easy plug and play solutions is preffered. 

Does somebody has any advice on which tp-link product would suit my needs the best?

With kind regards,

Laurens

Ps: to the moderators, if this topic is placed in a wrong section please feel free to move this topic. 

Options
5 Reply
Re:Improving home wifi conection
2020-12-02 06:11:22 - last edited 2020-12-02 06:14:27

@Laurens91 

Hi Laurens, thanks for the detailed description.

As per your description, it seems that the thick reinforced concrete walls cuts off the Wi-Fi signal a lot, thus we may not suggest you use the Wi-Fi mesh system.

Since you require LAN ports to connect to the clients, we may suggest you refer to the powerline devices, such as TL-WPA8630P KIT or TL-PA8033P KIT, the extenders are equipped with several Ethernet ports:

https://www.tp-link.com/home-networking/powerline/

Note: the powerline devices should work when plugged into the same power circuit, please ensure there are no filters between two wall sockets.

You may set the same SSID and password for the wireless on the AX50 as well as on that of the extender, then the devices should be able to connect to the one with better signal automatically.

I hope this helps, good day.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-12-02 06:38:49 - last edited 2020-12-02 06:47:59

@Kevin_Z 

Dear Kevin, thanks for the quick reply.

I forgot to mention that we have incoming 3 phase in our house (3x400V + N). The electrical lay out in the house is such that the wall sockets are spread over each phase. For example the wall sockets in room 1 are on phase 1, room 2 on phase to and another room on phase 3. 

As where the router would be located there is only one phase and that, if I am correct only this phase will be able to acomodate the internet signal over the electric cable. 

What about the "TP-link omada SDN EAP 245" or the "EAP 225 wall"? This one has 2 ethernet ports, if I am correct 1 ingoing POE and 1 outgoing ethernet cable?  I can place one near every ethernet wall socket, power it with the incoming ethernet cable and still have a available ethernet port?

Looking forward to your idea.

Kind regards, Laurens 

Options
2020-12-03 02:41:01

@Laurens91 

Hi, thanks for updating.

If that is the case, I think the powerline device will not be an option for you.

As for the EAP245 and EAP225-Wall, please be aware that both need to with a POE switch. EAP245 will give you another Ethernet port to connect to a LAN device, and EAP225-Wall will give you another 3, while EAP225-Wall is equipped with the 10/100 Mbps Ethernet Ports, so the speed will be affected.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-12-03 09:46:38 - last edited 2020-12-03 09:47:24

@Kevin_Z 

Perfect, in that case i will go for the EAP 245.

Set up will be like this:

Internet entering home and goes through modem of the provider, lan cable to the TP-link archer ax50, from here LAN cable to a switch with POE outputs. Every other room on the first and second floor will be equiped with an EAP245 which are fed from the switch.

Kevin, thank you for your advice, very much appreciated! 

Kind regards,

Laurens

Options
2020-12-03 11:18:41

@Laurens91 

You are most welcome, Laurens

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 547

Replies: 5

Related Articles