My TP-Link TL-WR841N_EU router stopped working. Only one light blinks slowly.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-02 00:26:21 - last edited 2020-12-02 00:37:20
Model: TL-WR841N_EU  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

It was working fine only occasionally random disconnects that lasted 1 second but I think that's unrelated to this.
After I woke up suddenly the wifi is not working anymore. The wifi signal is not active and no activity on the router.

Only the middle light which is like a circle with a ring on top is blinking very slowly.

I tried holding the reset button but that doesn't do anything, no lights flash and no reset is able to be done. I have turned off and on the router a few times and nothing changes.

I haven't found clear answer online so that's why I come here to forum to ask for technical help.

Kind regard,

Ned

edit: I have only had this router since September so like 2 or 3 months only.

Options
1 Reply
Re:My TP-Link TL-WR841N_EU router stopped working. Only one light blinks slowly.
2020-12-02 03:36:04

@Nednyl 

Hello,

Do you still use the original power adapter? Was there any power cut or bad weather or firmware upgrading before it behaves abnormally? 

Try to hard reset it by holding the reset button or hole for 10s.

Are you able to access its web UI from a browser? What is the hardware and firmware version?

Where did you buy this also? If nothing can make it power on correctly, you may need to contact the local tech support to check the warranty cause the device seems faulty:
https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/contact-technical-support/#Hotline-Support 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 982

Replies: 1

Related Articles