Deco as Access Points - SLOW WIFI - satellites directly wired to Router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-02 12:35:29
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 2.3.2

I have set up my Deco system as Access Points. The main Deco X20 is wired to an external Router (from Salt) on Ethernet Port 1 (orginally Ethernet Port 2)

The Deco X20 satellites are also directly wired to the external Router (from Salt), also on Ethernet Port 1 (originally Ethernet Port 2)

Set-up:

Deco Satellite 1 <== External Router ==> DecoMain

II

V

Deco Satellite 2

(In your help page, you state typical set-up for wired connection: External Router ==> DecoMain ==> Deco Satellite 1 ==> Deco Satellite 2)

The Wifi works for all, but only the main Deco X20 reaches 250MBIT speeds,

the Deco X20 satellites reach only 10MBIT-25MBIT interent speed.

The wired connection from those satellites to the Internet reaches 250MBIT speed. It must therefore be a problem of the Deco X20 satellites or from the external Router slowing the Satellites down.

However: If the DecoMain is switched off, WLAN still works for the others

Is there a setting in my external Router I have to change to make the Deco X20 satellites faster?

Or a setting in the Deco Satellites?

I want to be able to switch off one or the other Deco item (Main or Satellite) and still be able to use the others...

Thank you for your help!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 310

Replies: 0