Archer C20 not connected to internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-02 19:18:34 - last edited 2020-12-02 19:42:23
Model: Archer C20  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 0.9.1 4.16 v0001 Build 181127 Rel.56357n(4555)

Firstly off, I've followed the quick setup guide, however, I'm using an old modem which uses DSL internet connection. So, I connected everything like it's supposed to, did the quick setup correctly, and when I tried connecting, the internet had no access.

Yes, I've tried connecting the modem and my pc with an ethernet cable, the connection was stable.

I believe the issue is the WAN connection, when I checked it, the IP address (dynamic) is 0.0.0.0 and so is the default gateway, and the DNS server is also 0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0 - also the internet connection icon on the router is orange.

Debug says:

Type: DHCPC, Level: Notice, Content: Recv no OFFER, DHCP Service unavailable

Type: DHCPC, Level: Notice, Content: Send ACK to 192.168.0.102

Type: DHCPC, Level: Notice, Content: Recv REQUEST from EC:0E:C4:49:1E:19 Tranaction ID 38677471

Looking forward to your cooperation.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer C20 not connected to internet
2020-12-03 06:06:19

@lka 

Hello, thanks for asking.

May I know what kind of WAN connection type you've configured on the C20? Who is your ISP?

When you connect the modem and your PC with an Ethernet cable directly, how did you build up the connection, is it plug and play or do you need to dial up on the computer? You may confirm if there is a PPPoE connection on the computer. If there is no PPPoE connection on the computer, you may choose the WAN connection type as Dynamic IP when setting up the C20; If there is one, you need to choose PPPoE, and input the parameters provided by your ISP, then the internet should be on.

Options
2020-12-03 10:09:18

@Kevin_Z 

Dynamic IP address - auto detected.

My IPS is TELEKOM SRBIJA a.d.

When I connect the modem and my laptop with an Ethernet cable directly, it's plug and play.

There's no PPPoE connections listed when I'm connected, but I will try what you said.

I'll also try checking out this - https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/138/

I will contact you when I tried all of the above and if they worked.

Thanks for the help.

Kevin_Z wrote

@lka 

Hello, thanks for asking.

May I know what kind of WAN connection type you've configured on the C20? Who is your ISP?

When you connect the modem and your PC with an Ethernet cable directly, how did you build up the connection, is it plug and play or do you need to dial up on the computer? You may confirm if there is a PPPoE connection on the computer. If there is no PPPoE connection on the computer, you may choose the WAN connection type as Dynamic IP when setting up the C20; If there is one, you need to choose PPPoE, and input the parameters provided by your ISP, then the internet should be on.

Options
2020-12-03 11:07:15
The FAQ support guide didn't work. I will see if I can find PPPoE information from my ISP
Options