TP-Link Router daily dropouts - PLEASE HELP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-03 01:12:36
Model: Archer AX3000  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I just replaced my AX3000 with a new one because my ISP suggested that if was a faulty router.

The ISP (spectrum) also replaced our modem and cabling and tested the connection. All is good.

The TP-Link wifi router seems to drop the wifi connection 1-2X EVERY DAY. When it happens I cannot access the router admin and all devices on the network lose their wifi connection. 

My suspicion is that there may be an IP conflict somewhere on the network which is causing this but I am not sure.

What I do know is that we are very close to returning this modem as well and going back to an ASUS.

Please help.

PS- we have checked firmware, done hard resets, removed unnecessary devices, checked cables and all that stuff. 

Options
5 Reply
Re:TP-Link Router daily dropouts - PLEASE HELP
2020-12-03 01:17:39

FYI...

DHCP lease time is 2880 minutes and shows no IP conflicts

Options
2020-12-03 01:33:51

Also...IPV6 is NOT enabled.  Not sure if it would matter here.

Options
2020-12-03 03:50:19

@Bstro 

Do you mean the wireless connection will drop on all clients in the AX3000 network? When they drop the connection, can you still see its SSID? How did you recover it?

How about the internet LED on it, is it always green or it will change to orange? Is there any wired device connected to the AX3000, is the internet stable on it?

If it is only the wireless not stable, try to modify the wireless settings on the AX3000, such as changing the 2.4GHz wireless channel to 1/6/11, channel width to 20MHz; changing the 5GHz channel to a clear one as well, such as 44/48, channel width to 40MHz, then reboot the router and reconnect to the network to confirm.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-12-03 13:12:17

@Kevin_Z 

All clients are dropped.

You can still see the SSID but cannot connect to it until you reboot the router.

No unusual clients are connected.

Already tried changing channels and channel width. 

Noticed the lease time was only 120 minutes. Going to change that to 2880 and see if that helps.

Options
2020-12-04 02:41:00

@Bstro 

OK, give that a go, and let us know if it helps, thank you.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 567

Replies: 5

Related Articles