Zoom is blocking when device is added to Profiles

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-03 02:14:49
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.1

I enabled a profile setting filter level to "Child" blocking below - 

And

​​​​​​​

With the above settings, when I add my child's device he was not able to connect Zoom and existing meeting gets disconnected with. Any advise would be appreciated.

All in all I would say Deco has poor features in managing such tasks.

Options
8 Reply
Re:Zoom is blocking when device is added to Profiles
2020-12-03 11:02:51

@krish-na 

Good day,

Sorry for the delay.

For your case, please refer to this link to test the category of the blocked website and check if it is allowed by the Child profile.

https://global.sitesafety.trendmicro.com

For more details, please have a look at this link: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2302/

And for the M9 Plus, the 1.5.1 firmware has not been released yet and would be released in the future.

It is only available for M5 and It added support for whitelist under Malicious Content Filters of Antivirus.

Thanks a lot.

Options
2020-12-03 13:36:22

@TP-Link 

Neither of those links helped me, FYI - I am using the combination of Decos here; my setup as follows

1. Two M9 plus 
  2. One M5 in the study room (this has the firmware v1.5.1)

As i attached the screenshots, based on filter category previously my existing profile use to work seemlessly. After I add youtube my child can still able to access Zoom, but after the firmware update I feel zoom was not functional when child' device was added to the profile.

How to resolve this?

Options
2020-12-03 16:39:35

@krish-na I have this same issue. Using only Deco m5 devices also recently updated to the 1.5.1 firmware

I am using the default Teen filter level profile on two school Chromebooks, and was recently finding Zoom blocked from connections, directly within the App or being triggered via weblink.

Just now, I edited the filter profile to remove the "Pay to Surf" category  restriction and Zoom is now functional.

Clearly something is mis-tagged somewhere; just unclear where. But I would concur that the 1.5.1 seems to be the root cause.

Options
2021-05-28 20:30:53

Hi

For me, Zoom stopped working with Deco M5's as well.

Version 1.5.3 build 20210203 Rel. 68223

I deleted all Parental Control profiles, and still, nothing helps.

When changing the Deco to a different device (by a different company) zoom works well.

If anyone from TP-Link is seeing this, please help me out.

Options
2021-05-31 03:46:19

@Gil_B 

Hi,

Were you not able to access the Zoom website or program at all, or the Zoom connection could be established but was very unstable?

At the same time, please refer to the following suggestion:

1. Reboot the Deco system;
  2. Make sure there is no parental control profiles;
  3. Turn off the Antivirus/ firewall temporarily if possible;
  4. Test more than 2 devices and check whether they could access Zoom applications;

After that, if still no change as all, I would like to forward your case to the senior engineers for further assistance;

Thank you.

Options
2021-06-01 01:13:41

@andybvt 

Thank you, After upgrading the firmware, it fixed the issue. Like you mentioned it has to do something to TP-Link's internal configurations 

Options
2021-06-01 01:18:29

@TP-Link Over all the parental control experience seems to be overwhelming for me,

• I feel TP-Link lacks primary feature, to grant an internet access at specific hours to a device. By doing this way, a parent can have more granular control to grant devices. 

At the moment, I am on look out for such Mesh routers to replace my current setup. 

Options
2021-06-01 02:03:32

@krish-na 

Thank you for the update.

The parental control features might still need further optimization and we have reported this feedback to the senior engineers already;

At the same time, it is also suggested that you could send an APP feedback to the engineers team directly to let them know what are the real needs of our users;

(How to send the feedback: Deco APP>overview>settings on the top left>help>contact us>suggestions)

Thanks a lot.

Options