Loose internet connection after disconnecting open vpn

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-03 11:07:17
Model: Archer C1200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.3

Hi All. 

I have setup the open vpn server on my router and activated my internet connection for the VPN users. Everything after connecting from work is working perfectly. I can connect to my home network without any problem. But when I disconnect my VPN I will totally lose my internet connection and I should disable my wifi or lan and then enable it to again access my work network. It is also happening when I connect by phone. 

Does anyone else have the same issue? I would be happy if you can help me. 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Loose internet connection after disconnecting open vpn
2020-12-07 09:07:57 - last edited 2020-12-07 09:08:12

@Morteza_naj 

Hi, we didn't hear about this kind of feedback before. What if you don't use the VPN connection, will the router connection be stable?

Are you using TCP or UDP connection? How about enabling the "Intenret and Home network" for the Client Access?

Options
2021-03-28 07:08:02

@Kevin_Z I have a related question. Archer VR1600V v1, firmware 0.1.0 0.9.1 v5006.0 Build 200810 Rel.53181n. Our iMac, Dell Windows 10, Macbook Air, iPhone 11, iPhone XR, iPad pro ALL cannot access internet via this router unless a VPN is active. (The Android TV does not seem to care about VPN but may have one inbuilt that we can't see.)  If the VPN fails, or is not turned on, we can see www.google.com and that's about it, plus some other random things seem to work (MS Teams, for example) but no internet pages, no email, cannot sync things like Dropbox etc. The common element across all the devices is the router. Suggestions?

Options
2021-03-29 01:41:41

@Indi_dog 

The Archer VR1600v is a different product from Archer C1200, please discuss it in the below section, you can open the topic on your own:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/121

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 592

Replies: 3