TP Link Archer T1U screen sharing - does it work with this?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-05 10:27:55
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I've been trying to connect my PC to my Samsung TV using the wireless screen share feature but it doesn't work - the PC can't find the TV and the TV can't find the PC when using the screen share/connect function. The PC and TV can communicate fine because I have been using the Universal Media Server flawlessly and the PC pings the TV's IP.

Are those little wireless dongles capable of screen sharing because I am at a total loss as to what to do. They are both on the same subnet, connected to the same router using the same bands (5GHz).

Any help would be grestly appreciated. 

Options
3 Reply
Re:TP Link Archer T1U screen sharing - does it work with this?
2020-12-11 09:46:05

@Doug8 

Just to confirm, how do you use the screen share feature on the PC with the TV? Any software? Does it require for any special techniques, such as Miracast? 

Options
2020-12-12 13:12:53

@Kevin_Z 

The screen share feature I would assume uses Miracast and I have since discovered that it will only work on a 2.4Ghz band so have recently purchased the T3U to deliver both 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz bands. The TV does connect through to my PC using this new dongle. 

But it does seem a bit inconvenient having to basically out the entire wireless network on 2.4ghz just so I can screen share with the TV. Perhaps the split band feature on the router will solve it?

Options
2020-12-15 08:21:26

@Doug8 

I see, if the screen share feature requires the support for Miracast, I'm afraid the Archer T1U doesn't match the requirement, while the T3U do, so that is why the T3U can work.

Do you mean it only works when both the PC and TV are connected to the 2.4GHz network? It doesn't work if one connects to the 2.4GHz and the other connects to 5GHz? Are there any limitations on the router as per the 2.4GHz and 5GHz communication? You may check if there is any isolation settings on the router, or you may set up a different 2.4GHz and 5GHz network to give it a go.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 918

Replies: 3