Deco P9 Drop Out every few days

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-05 15:45:32 - last edited 2020-12-22 03:07:49
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.1.2 Build 20200918 Ref 74476

Hi,

I would if you can help.  I have 3 Deco P9's and one M3W. All work fine except about every 5 to 7 days the Deco P9 in Bedroom 1 drops out. I power it off and then on again a few minutes later and it is fine again for another few days.

Any ideas on how tro sort would be very much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Tony.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Deco P9 Drop Out every few days-Solution
2020-12-21 16:23:42 - last edited 2020-12-22 03:07:49

@Tank 

Could I just say that, it would be best if you are considering what is stated below, then raise a ticket and ask if this firmware is suitable for your Deco P9's first.

Hi,

Just a quick update on my Deco P9's after raising a ticket.  Today I received an email to say could I update my firmware, which I have just done.

Full details of what I received form TP-Link are as follows:

Dear Tank,

As for the unstable issue of the Deco P9, it is suggested to upgrade the new firmware version for all the Decos to check if the problem can be resolved.

Please read the documentation thorougthly before upgrading new firmwares.

https://static.tp-link.com/2020/202012/20201207/Documentation for upgrading Deco system.pdf

Here is the download link of the new firmware: 

Deco P9 V1/V2

Latest version: 1.1.2 201027 

Download Link: https://static.tp-link.com/2020/202012/20201207/Deco_P9_1.1.2_Offline_Debug.zip

Note:

1.Please copy the complete website address and paste into the address bar of the Web browser. The small download window will pop up after entering the website.

2.There is a documentation for upgrading the Deco system on the downloaded file. Please read it carefully and follow up the instruction step by step.

3.To solve the problem, please make sure that you have upgraded the new firmware for all the Decos. The latest the firmware should be 20201027. Please refer to the method 2 on the following FAQ to check the firmware version for all decos after the upgrading https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2818/

Please upgrade the firmware and watch the performance, if the same issue persist, please feel free to reply to us.

But if the same issue persists after upgrading the firmware, please have further troubleshooting with us

I have just installed this on my three Deco P9's and I will let you all know how it goes.

Could I just say that, it would be best if you are considering the above, then raise a ticket and ask if this firmware is suitable for your Deco P9's first.

Hope this helps,

Kind regards,

Tank,

Recommended Solution
Options
16 Reply
Re:Deco P9 Drop Out every few days
2020-12-07 10:07:29

@Tank 

Good day,

Sorry for the delay.

When one P9 was offline, would it turn red?

Have you tried to swap the location between two satellite Deco get rid of the location influence?

By the way, how long have you had the Deco and when did this issue start?

Thank you very much.

Options
2020-12-07 12:25:06

Many thanks for coming back to me.  I have tried various locations for the problem P9 and it does not change things.

I have had my P9's for about a year and originally I had them far closer together in the house. For various reasons and a change at home I need the WiFi to cover a different part of the house, so have spaced them differently. This problem has been in the last two or three months.

Do you think it has anything to do with the last firmware update in September 2020?

Re the red light I will check when back form work on Thursday.

I look forward to hearing form you.

Kind regards,

Tony.

Options
2020-12-12 09:49:10

Hi,

When the Deco app states that the Deco P9 "is note connected" the light on the Deco P9 is white.  Which I find strange.

Any ideas?

Kind regards,

Tony.

Options
2020-12-12 12:07:51

@Tank I have the exact same problem. app says its offline. but LED is white. very annoying.

Options
2020-12-12 17:40:26

@Idan345 

Sorry to hear you have the same problem, and for me it's good to know I am not alone with this problem. 

I wonder if anyone can explain about this?

Kind regards,

Tony.

Options
2020-12-13 18:33:47

@Tank I have the same problem too. For me, the P9s are almost a year old and have been working very well until a couple of months ago. 

Yes, it's frustrating. 

Options
2020-12-13 20:52:30 - last edited 2020-12-13 20:53:35

@Tank 

It seems that more people have the same problem.

I am coming to the conclusion that the problem for the P9's (as they were working Ok), is to do with a software or firmware update that has been done over the last few months.

Mind you I do not have any evidence for making the statement above.  

I think we need someone far better qualified, or from TP-Link to come back about this.

It is extremely frustrating to say the least.

Kind regards,

Tony

Options
2020-12-16 14:32:49

@TP-Link_Deco 

Hi. would love an answer.

I too think it was because of a firmware update. if im not mistaken - the one that enabled PLC viewing in the app i think it was around august 2020

Options
2020-12-16 17:12:53

@Tank 

I have now started a log of when I have to re-set my P9, as some evidence, if we get a reply form TP-Link on sorting this.

Very frustrating,

Kind regards,

Tony.

Options
2020-12-16 18:10:44

@Tank Just wanted to chime in and say that I'm having exactly the same issue - one AP disconnects from the others, is completely unmanageable but light stays white. Weirdly, while troubleshooting, I did try hooking it up to the primary deco with some old powerline adapters i.e. via ethernet, rather than the builtin powerline functionality, and it seemed not to do this as frequently?

V1.0 hardware, same firmware as you. I have a ticket open with support who haven't managed to suggest anything yet apart from a firmware change (which is older than the one i'm running, and I can't install anyway, presumably as it's a downgrade) I think they might mistakenly think i'm on the V2.0 hardware, which I'm not

If i get any luck, I'll let you know, but you're not alone here :) My ticket ref is TKID201207356

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2049

Replies: 16