LAN Throughput TP-Link RE605X?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-06 04:59:17
Model: RE650  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I'm looking at purchasing the TP-Link RE605X for my new laptop that supports WiFi6, I have an existing TP-Link access point/extender and the performance is terrible so I'm wanting to know what LAN speeds I should expect under "normal best case" i.e. real world conditions for file transfer using the TP-Link RE605X.

I'm aware of limitations of wireless such as general interference walls, walls with cables in them etc, loading and congestion but if I set this up as an extender, plug in the Ethernet from the LAN to the device and I'm only 5 meters away (and the only device on this Wi-Fi network) what should I expect in MB's.

I get around 100-110MBs on my wired LAN

Options
2 Reply
Re:LAN Throughput TP-Link RE605X?
2020-12-08 03:40:25

@rex.withers 

Hi,

Since RE605x supports highspeed mode, it would use 5ghz to communicate with the main router, and 2.4ghz with the clients at the same time.

So you could have a simple test:

1. please stand almost 5 meters away from the router and run a speedtest on the laptop.

The speedtest on the laptop would be almost the same as what you could get from the Ethernet connection of RE605x;

Thank you very much.

Options
Re:LAN Throughput TP-Link RE605X?
2020-12-08 10:13:56

@TP-Link Thanks for that so I shoudl be able to get say 80MB's? or something like that?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 439

Replies: 2