OneMesh Support

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

OneMesh Support

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
OneMesh Support
OneMesh Support
2020-12-06 12:10:42 - last edited 2021-04-12 06:19:39
Model: Archer C80  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.5.0 Build 201022 Rel.53112n(4555)

Hello! 

Since July 2020 I own an Archer C80 router which I really like and I was happy to see, that the device is planned to become OneMesh compatible in future, but recently it was removed from compatibility list. Now I am very disappointed because I counted on the feature to pair it with RE650 repeaters to have a more seamless Wifi experience compared to my current setup which includes a pair of TL-WPA4220 Powerline Adapters and a TL-WPA8730 adapter which all share the same SSID. Despite sharing the SSID regularly Video calls are interrupted when moving from one room to another. Actually it not the wifi coverage but handover between devices which is causing the interruptions. Could you please tell me why the device was removed from the list and is there still a chance that it will get OneMesh support?

Best regards

SourceGrabber

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:OneMesh Support-Solution
2021-04-09 03:23:21 - last edited 2021-04-12 06:19:39

@SourceGrabber 

Hello, the Onemesh firmware for the Archer C80 is available, please check for the update on your router web GUI, or you can download it from the TP-Link official website, then install it manually:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/archer-c80/#Firmware

Note: This firmware release is in a rolling basis, you can check it later if it is currently not available on your C80.

Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:OneMesh Support
2020-12-07 07:42:06

@SourceGrabber 

As far as I know, it might be limited by the chipset, but we cannot understand more with the technical limitations or feasibility.

If Onemesh is the main reason or the only reason that you choose a device, it is strongly suggested getting one that has already supported it, as you know, only time will tell but plans may change.

Sorry about that.

Options
2020-12-11 18:49:40

When I bought the Archer C80 I wasn't aware of OneMesh at all and I bought it due to it's other capabilities, but as OneMesh was listed as "planned" on the website I still hope to get a firmware that is capable of enabling that feature. If so I would go for the RE650 repeaters to upgrade my WLAN to support OneMesh. Currently I need four access points accross my flat due to thick concrete walls. When walking from one access point to the other the wireless connection is not seemless handover, so video conferences are stopped for several seconds before they go on. I was hoping OneMesh would solve that, but not willing to buy another router just after a couple of months. 

Options
2020-12-16 12:17:05

@SourceGrabber 

As far as I know, there is currently no plan to add the support for Onemesh on the Archer C80. Refer to the Onemesh compatibility list for future updates:
https://www.tp-link.com/onemesh/product-list/

But your request will certainly go to the related department and our developers, thanks for your understanding.

Options
Re:OneMesh Support-Solution
2021-04-09 03:23:21 - last edited 2021-04-12 06:19:39

@SourceGrabber 

Hello, the Onemesh firmware for the Archer C80 is available, please check for the update on your router web GUI, or you can download it from the TP-Link official website, then install it manually:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/archer-c80/#Firmware

Note: This firmware release is in a rolling basis, you can check it later if it is currently not available on your C80.

Recommended Solution
Options
2021-04-12 06:20:29

@Kevin_Z Wow, that is great news and wasn't expected. Thank you so much for the reply!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 787

Replies: 5

Related Articles