deco m9 plus do not shift between decoes automatic

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-06 14:27:34
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: version 2.4.10

Hi hope some one can help

Deco m9plus does not switch between the deco units ( 3 stk.) When i move around in the house, i can see the app does not switch between

the deco units, even thouhg  i'am one meter from another deco and the speed has dropped from 340 mbps  to approx. 70 mbps. Mesh Technology is on.

When  i'am setting up deco m9 plus, deco test have been performed and the connection between the deco units is fine.

Does anyone know what the problem is ?? 

The whole idea of investing in m9 plus is coverage with no hassle

ps. i have try to cut the power and power up again without 

any one have same problem ??

Hope some one can help 

Best regrads Henrik Andersen

Options
2 Reply
Re:deco m9 plus do not shift between decoes automatic
2020-12-07 07:14:55

@hmaa 

Hi,

Could you please help me check the following information:

1. How are the Deco nodes connected to each other, like via Wi-Fi backhaul, or Ethernet backhaul?

2. Did all the mobile devices have the same issue or just a single smartphone?

---if just one device, may I know the model number and operating system of this device?

3. if you disconnect the Wi-Fi and connect is again, would it connect to the closest Deco and get higher speed?

4. Please make sure the firmware on the M9 is up to date;

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options
Re:deco m9 plus do not shift between decoes automatic
2020-12-07 17:55:51

@TP-Link 

Hi and thanks for reply.

1. The nodes is connectet to each other with  wifi 

2. I have down loaded TP-link appen on 3 devices two iphone  one ipad. When i move around in the house with one device at the time the  connected deco does not switch between the nodes.

Only if i lock down the app and open it again.

If i go to the livingroom, force the app to load the clocest nodes "livingroom" walk back to the office and puts the iphone on the desk in office 1 meter from main node "office"

the iphone is stille connectet to livingroome the next morning.

3. now i have testet: i'am in the office "switch of wifi go to livingroom"the TP app is open"switch on wifi, have to force the app to switch to living room. Try next step. switch off wifi, go to office with no wifi TP- app is open and show i'ts connectet to livingroom. switch on wifi in  the office. after approx. 15-20 minutes the app have not switch to nearest nodes "the office nodes. 

I thought the TP-link app would show which nodes the device is hooked up to 

4.The m9 is updatet 1.4.3.Build 20200921 Rel.42500

Will it help to connect the nodes with cabel ?

Best regards Henrik

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1000

Replies: 2

Related Articles