Missing Bandwidth control feature?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-07 22:07:20 - last edited 2020-12-07 22:15:31
Model: Archer AX1500  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Latest of 2020/12/07

Currently looking for the bandwidth feature but cannot find it. 

Trying to find this part in the router but just cannot find it; https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/557/

----

Right now it seems like the router will end up being a paperweight/refunded as I purchased it due to this setting since its pretty much mandatory otherwise we'll cap our internet speed and start getting 30% packet loss once we hit our peak usage.

-----------------------

Does anyone know any firmware sources that can be flashed onto the router?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Missing Bandwidth control feature?
2020-12-07 22:26:35 - last edited 2020-12-07 22:29:23

@Anon888 

Well that sucks, looks like their QoS doesn't work either as this is what happens when I test it on a "Guest" Device and it maxes during a speedtest which kills my internet as expected. 

Funny how my 10 year old router had a flashed TomatoUSB firmware on it and worked fine at preventing this,

Options
Re:Missing Bandwidth control feature?
2020-12-08 03:11:40

@Anon888 

This Archer AX1500 router doesn't support bandwidth control feature setup, it only supports QoS, you may check the specifications on the official website.

As per the QoS setup, can you please confirm you have input the correct Upload Bandwidth and Download Bandwidth as per the bandwidth provided by your ISP, then confirm again.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3320

Replies: 2

Related Articles